Potentially public data sources that have been identified so far include:
- Members of the public who might volunteer information.
- Public domain databases.
These are some methods that have been proposed for implementation of data mining within the public domain:
- maxhi schema (surveying and modeling of normative priorities of individuals)
- swar schema (virtual spatial modeling)
- hybrid schema (combination of maxhi and swar schemata)
- ortho norm (tabulation of group norms)
- efficient frontier plotting (aka Pareto nondominated subsets, aka convex hull of points), especially as applied to valuation problems concerning consumer goods (and services) and bundles (package deals) thereof